Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Super Yummy Raw Seed, Nut and Hemp Bars!!! (Raw / Vegan / Vegetarian)

This is seriously one of the tastiest "bars" I've come up with so far!  Even before I started dehydrating it I had a spoonful and it tasted like the best cake batter I had ever tried and with no sugar.  I actually did add a little Agave, but in retrospect I don't think it was needed




I am posting this a little early because I have had several requests for the recipe.  I will add more photos of the finished product once it has full dehydrated.  This recipe takes a little longer because I want it to remain "raw" and it has a lot of liquid so I have to let it dry for longer than most of my other recipes

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups chopped raw almonds (preferably activated)

2 cups of pepita seeds (preferably activated too)

2/3 cup of shaved coconut

1/3 cup of hemp hearts

2/3 cups of liquid coconut oil

12 ounces of medjool dates, pitted

1 tablespoon of pure vanilla

1 teaspoon of sea salt

2/3 cup of coconut water 

1 Tablespoon of Agave (I don't think it really needed this)

1 teaspoon of spirulina (omit if you don't want the muddy color)


Instructions

If you are going to use activated seeds and nuts start this process the day before by soaking them in spring water over night.

If not using sprouted seeds make sure you are using raw nuts and seeds


chop your almonds coarsely.  You just don't want any whole ones in the mix.

In a blender or food processor place all ingredients except your nuts, seeds and coconut and blend until smooth.

Next place seeds and nuts in a large bowl and add your blended mixture.  If you use your hands you will do a very thorough job, I also learned that a rice paddle works excellent.

Once mixed you will place it in the dehydrator.  You will want to use the inserts for making fruit leather with this recipe because it is very liquid.  Spread it evenly and dehydrate until desired consistency.

About 3 days.

I will post more pictures and accurate times later



No comments:

Post a Comment