Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Roasted Baby Beet Salad with Raspberry and Chia Seed Vinaigrette (Vegan / Vegetarian / Organic)

I have a thing for beets and all root vegetables in general.  I love the earthiness that each type brings to a dish, but beets are my all time favorite.  I roasted these and created a pink raspberry vinaigrette to enhance their flavor and keep the color pretty.


Ingredients

1 cup of roasted beets; skinned and cubed

2 Tablespoons of Raspberry Vinaigrette

1 Tablespoon of toasted Hazlenuts

Instructions

You can either buy pre roasted beets that are all ready skinned or you can roast them yourself.  In this case I was making a quick lunch so I purchased pre roasted at Whole Foods Market.

Cube them into pretty uniform little squares and place in a medium sized bowl

Toss with Vinaigrette

Garnish with toasted Hazlenuts


*****Note:  If you buy raw hazelnuts just put them onto the stove in a hot pan, tossing every once in a while until then are golden brown.

Let cool before serving






1 comment:

  1. okay- got past the "warning"... I'm in,,, AND I LOVE WHAT YOURE DOING.

    ReplyDelete